COOL PLACES AUSTIN MUSICIANS NEED TO KNOW
1. Austin Music Foundation – Austin Music Foundation (AMF) strengthens and connects the local music community with innovative programs that empower musicians and fuel Austin’s creative economy. AMF provides programs to help local artists navigate opportunities in the music industry and services to unite the local music community.
2. SIMS Foundation - The SIMS Foundation’s Mission is to provide access to and financial support for mental health and addiction recovery services for Austin-area musicians and their families.
3. HAAM - Health Alliance for Austin Musicians - The mission of Health Alliance for Austin Musicians is to provide access to affordable health care for Austin’s low income, uninsured working musicians, with a focus on prevention and wellness.
4. AMP – AMP is committed to connecting and empowering Austin’s live music community byproviding powerful advocacy tools, participating in policy development, and representinglive music interests in public and private forums.
5. Austin Federation of Musicians – The Austin Federation of Musicians’ primary purpose is to protect the interests of working musicians. We do this by negotiating contracts covering wages, working conditions and other workplace issues. We also provide benefit programs, such as equipment insurance, geared to the needs of musicians.
6. Texas Music Office - The Texas Music Office serves as the information clearinghouse and promotion office for the Texas music industry. This site contains 19,234 business, band or event listings totaling 3,669 printed pages.
7. Grammy Texas Chapter - In addition to producing the GRAMMY Awards, we support music industry professionals in a variety of ways, including Advocacy for the rights of music people, outreach programs and student initiatives such as the GRAMMY U program.
8. Austin Visitors Bureau and Conventions Center - The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau is charged with marketing Austin nationally and internationally as a premier business and leisure destination, thus enriching our community’s overall quality of life.
9. Soundcheck - Since 1991, SoundCheck Austin (known as MusicMakers Backline till 2010) has been providing professional touring musicians, recording artists and promoters with top-quality equipment rentals and experienced technicians. We also house state of the art rehearsal studios at our SoundCheck location.
10. Rock & Roll Rentals – Renting and selling Austin PA systems, instruments, amps, microphones, video, lights, recording, karaoke, and DJ equipment at the best rates since 1989.
11. Affordable Sound - We offer sound and printing services, such as cd’s in sleeves, business cards, posters & postcards, apparel & merchandise, audio mastering, and vinyl to cd transfer.