|February 28, 2019|
On February 28, 2002 AMF was founded. That means AmplifyATX 2019 marks our 17th birthday! The Austin Music Foundation has served over 17,000 musicians and music industry professionals since our founding, and we are committed to investing in the future of Austin music.
With your help AMF will continue its efforts to make our great city a place where professional musicians and industry can thrive! Please consider donating to our organization to help us reach our goal of $10,000 before 6pm on Friday, March 1!
As AMF adapts to a rapidly changing music landscape and fervently works to elevate Austin’s music industry and community, we must also elevate our capacity to drive impact through ingenuity and innovation.
What Will AmplifyATX Donations Go Towards?
Our goal for 2019 is to lay the framework for meeting the demands of growth by:
- Establishing technology that will efficiently track, maintain and cultivate close relationships with our artists, program participants, donors and volunteers in one centralized database
- Expanding our programs to include continuing education for emerging music industry professionals (managers, agents, etc.) to help build a more robust creative ecosystem
- Expanding our resources so we can keep supporting the Austin music community with free programs, consultations and educational events
Your donation is an investment in the future of Austin music and will help AMF continue its mission to strengthen, connect, and elevate the local music industry and community. We can’t thank you enough for your support.
How’d We Do in 2018?
- Selected for Bloomberg Philanthropies’ Arts and Innovation Management Program to strengthen the longevity of our organization. One of only 26 Austin organizations selected!
- Produced and/or partnered on 55 Community Events
- Helped our artists earn several thousand dollars in paid performances
- Provided over 200 one-on-one consultations at our Creative Media Center
- Initiated 14 Artist Orientation Clinics (AOCs)
- Hosted 13 Educational Panels covering topics ranging from copyright and music publishing to artist management and booking a tour.
- Connected major music businesses with our local creatives through hands-on workshops and partnerships with TuneCore and C3 Presents, among others.
- Continued our 7th year of the Music Industry Collaborative (MIC), which has served over 30 music business entrepreneurs and provided funding to 8 music businesses since its inception in 2012.
What’s Coming In 2019?
Year 3 of Artist Development Program (ADP) – As a trailblazer for the Austin music industry’s leaders, ADP is a 7-month intensive that provides advanced educational and professional development to a select group of emerging artists in Austin. The goal of the program is to leverage Austin’s tremendous talent pool and develop a class of artists in this city who can reach the next level in creating sustainable careers. The ADP serves as a new and innovative model that will work to support the viability, growth, and visibility for Austin’s musical talent.
Year 5 of Annual “Feel the Love” Music Industry Expo – With more support organizations and nonprofits than ever before, ‘Feel the Love’ is our way of giving back to the music community. With big plans for growth in the future, our goal is to connect all attendees with the resources they need to succeed in the Austin music scene.
Year 6 of Leaders in Austin Music (LIAM) – A collaborative program designed to provide participants with top-level music industry leadership effectiveness training while increasing cross-industry collaboration opportunities with other creative industries in Austin.
“I maintain that few other cities, if any, have a nonprofit like AMF or a program like the AMF Artist Development Program. At no cost I have learned so much about the nuts and bolts of publishing, copyright law, online promotion, putting a team together and other great things that are crucial to the growth of a music career. Most importantly, the access that the program gives us to experienced veterans of the music scene is absolutely invaluable. I’m so blessed to live in a city that supports musicians the way this city does.” – Jackie Venson, Artist Development Program Graduate
“I am truly amazed by all that the Austin Music Foundation has done for me this year. If I have a question, they answer it. If I need a contact for something, they help me find it. They have guided me through all the next steps I needed to take. I’ve also been able to showcase for C3 Presents, Pandora, and Mood Media this year because of the opportunities they provided. I feel so blessed to be a musician in Austin thanks to the Austin Music Foundation.” – Jane Ellen Bryant, Artist Development Program Graduate