Artist Development Program
AMF understands that by investing in the development of artists who contribute to our City’s economy and rich culture, we are investing in the future of Austin music. The Artist Development Program supports the viability, growth, and visibility for Austin’s musical talent through a number of ways:
- Tailored professional development & one-on-one mentoring
- Real-time constructive feedback from industry experts
- Personal interaction with repetitious engagement
- Facilitation of meaningful connections & opportunity
- Fostering peer-to-peer collaboration & support
- Product & revenue development
Innovative, Impact-Driven Model
AMF is the only non-profit arts organization in Austin that provides the opportunity for a select group of local independent artists to participate in intensive, music business training in the areas of strategic career planning, finance management, songwriting, and product development, recording, marketing, publishing, and licensing, touring and revenue generation.
Guided by AMF’s core faculty of mentors, ADP participants work one-on-one and in peer-to-peer sessions to define, develop, and execute their creative and professional strategies. The result of this endeavor: a better prepared and informed class of music professionals who, upon graduation, are armed with the business acumen, tools, and connections needed to navigate the music industry and further advance their careers.